Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bandit

This is our new dog and Mick's new best friend, Bandit. He is an Australian Shepherd. We looked for one for months and months and finally found exactly what we wanted. He is supposed to be the whole family's dog, but Bandit thinks Mick walks on water or something. He never leaves Mick's side and he gets very protective of him. He does not like it at all when he thinks someone is being to rough with Mick. I hope he learns soon the difference between rough housing with friends or uncles and someone actually being mean. He knows a few commands and tricks. He plays fetch and tug-o-war, sit, lay, shake, and play dead.
He is a great jogging partner for Adam and I. He got some sore feet the first few days of jogging, so we are letting him rest up and work into it slower, though.
He barked and paced the whole first night he came home to our house and I only got 2 hours of sleep, and I was thinking, "What in the world have I done?" But now he and I have adjusted better, I am so glad we found him. He is so sweet and smart and good natured. He also got Adam to do what I couldn't get Adam to do in two years..... finish our fence!! hehe!!

1 comment:

Lily said...

Your dog is so awesome looking. Bet your having fun!