Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pictures of the flood

So we have made it 3 days now. It really has been the longest days I have had in years. I didn't go to my mom's because I wanted to be around here to pick out the new flooring (couldn't bring myself to let Adam pick it out on his own), so we have been trying to live here. Well, not live, just exist at this point. Good news: I get new bathroom floors, which I wanted anyway after I had left scrubbing bubbles on them and stained them yellow a couple months ago. I also get new carpet, which we needed because ours was nasty cheap stuff. Bad news: We will be paying for a lot of the carpet ourselves. And I will be doing A LOT of deep cleaning for weeks to get things bearable again.







The worst of it all for me, is that everything is covered in a lot of drywall dust. It's in our food, tubs, blinds, bedding, shoes, clothes, ears, nose, eyes; well you get the picture. And it's pointless to clean it because the fans keep blowing more around.


So we have been doing a lot of bed jumping since this is the only functioning room. Thank heavens that little kids are so adjustable. They have been so good through all of this. I feel bad for Tori because all the dust has aggravated her eczema and she is covered in a rash, but other than that, they have been little troopers about all the chaos.

4 comments:

Lily said...

I am so sad for you. I hope it looks fabulous when it's done. And I will definitely be over to help with the deep cleaning- please let me. It's what I'm good at. LOL :)

You and Tori should come over to my house each day instead of lock yourselves in the lone room.

Jaymesmom said...

Sorry I wasn't able to talk longer today. I was already running late. Hope to see you tonight!

Freckles said...

Wow, what a mess!! I would be going insane too! Hang in there.

Merri Hackett said...

Can I just say WOW!!! Not fun.