Friday, July 9, 2010

It's Great To Be 8!

Mick's birthday rolled around again last Friday. I keep telling him to quit growing up but he never listens to me!
We celebrated by presents, his own cheesecake, kayaking with his dad and a friend, and dinner at Winger's with grandparents from both sides of the family.
I am proud of my little man. He is so helpful around the house and loves his family very much. I can honestly say that I don't recall a time when he has willingly disobeyed me. It was fun to have him as a baby and toddler, but I do enjoy having him older and being able to have more meaningful conversations with him now. I look forward to all the future has to hold being Mick's mom.




We wrapped up an empty box and told him we bought him an air guitar. Haha. He was a good sport about it and even played it for us.


The thing he wanted most for his birthday was a rubber chicken! It has been sticking it's head out at me from all kinds of places from the kitchen cabinets to the washing machine to the entertainment center to the Diet Coke box in the fridge. Glad it's getting some use!

4 comments:

Woo said...

That is so funny. I can't believe he is 8 already...

Jen Gallacher said...

Mick, Jimmy is all excited to be baptized after seeing you walk up to the front of church and have them announce it. Thank YOU for being such a great example to my boy. :)

Kira And James Morris said...

Sometimes i get afraid to be a mom, I think its going to be really really hard, and while--it will be, Im relieved to see you and your kids and how much joy they bring you. They are so cute--all of them. and i DO look forward to being a mom--SOMEDAY.
Side note: i think its funny how he wanted a rubber chicken! He is priceless

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday Mick!
I can't believe he is 8! I swear we were just sitting around in your living room mesmorized by his sweet baby smile!