Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Happenings











Halloween is so much more fun with kids. I never liked it much until I got little kids of my own, now it's so much more exciting.
As for our costumes this year; Mick was a Bloody Doctor (check out his humongous syringe), Tori was a Barbie Cheerleader, and Adam was a Redneck, pretty much himself ten years ago. I was boring and just wore my Halloween shirt, but at least I did that, right?
This year, I got to go help with Mick's class party. I read a Halloween book. The kids were divided into groups, so I read it over and over and over. I was pretty sick of the same story by the time I was done, and now days later, I still can't get the phrase, "Listen, here, you flim-flamming fleecer," out of my head. But I had so much fun doing it and got to meet some of Mick's friends that I didn't know.
Tori also had a party at her preschool. They decorated cookies and made slime. She thought it was fun, but I think tiring, because on the way home from school, she told me, "Mom, I am so stressed from all that partying at school."
Later, we went to our ward's trunk-or-treat and then Adam took the kids to a few houses trick-or-treating while I stayed home to hand out candy. And hand out more candy, and hand out more candy, and hand out more candy.
Then we had some of our friends over to play games and eat yummy snacks, while all our kids played upstairs and got high on sugar.
It was one of the best Halloweens I've had. I hope all of yours was awesome too!

6 comments:

Paige said...

We had a lot of fun and the boys loved it too. Thanks again for having us over! P.S. I don't think Mick could have chosen a better costume, he looked great!

Cassie said...

What fun you all had. The costumes look great and we wish we lived closer so we could all get together. Please don't tell me Adam really had hair like that ten years ago!

Lily said...

Oh they look so cute!

Freckles said...

They look awesome, I love it. I'm Glad someone had a fun night! haha Maybe next year.

Tammy said...

Sounds like fun times! I love the bloody doctor. The syringe is great!

Cheryl said...

Hey, Annie was cracking up at Mick's pictures! I guess she didn't get enough at school:)