Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Busy Weekend

This weekend we went picnicking in Manti and then on to The Palisade State Park nearby to swim and fish, though we never did get around to fishing. Jarod, Jamie, and Lilli went with us. It was perfect weather and we had so much fun. I really want to go back there again and rent a paddle boat next time. Some highlights of the lake were: Tori diving off the dock without waiting for anyone to catch her and then being suprised and mad that she went under water, Mick falling into the water off the said dock, the kids catching little tiny fish in their hands, some mild sunburns, and getting to see a pet ferrett on a leash.



(This is when Mick fell in)




Then we drove back to Nephi to a friend's house and did this: Cherry Picking

(Mick had just tasted a sour one in this picture)



Once we got home, the kids picked all the stems off and put them in a pan and washed them for me. Mick is such a hard worker. He didn't quit until it was all done. You can see how hard Tori was working..................haha.
,

Then the jam and pie filling (though we will use it in dutch oven cobblers instead) making began:

Isn't it beautiful? I love see my jars lined up and finished. The jam turned out really good by the way. I was a little skeptical if it would, never having tasted it before. It tastes very similiar to strawberry without the seeds. My kids approved and if they like it then you know it can't be very bad.

3 comments:

Alex said...

that's a good idea. I think I'll look into cherry picking too!

Jessica said...

The cherries look so delicious, I bet the jam turned out awesome!

Tammy said...

That looks awesome. Our neighbor lets us pick his cherries so you'll have to tell me how you can them! I would love to have fresh cherry cobbler filling!