Wednesday, July 1, 2009

7 years ago tonight

7 years ago tonight I was getting my bags packed to go to the hospital the next morning to be induced to have Mick. I was very very nervous. Everything went as planned though and without a very hard labor and delivery, Mick was born on July 2nd at about 3:30. He was such an easy tiny baby. At two months old, he slept 12 hours a night without waking up and he hardly ever fussed. Once he started to crawl, wow, did life change. He became a whirlwind all the time.
He has always been crazy and loud and into everything, but he makes up for that by being so caring, and funny, and smiley, and forgiving.
I know my Heavenly Father sent him to me. There was no mistake. There was no, "Well, they look like they need a kid and this one is handy so ship him down to the Halls." He was supposed to be mine without a doubt. At times in my life when I felt I could not breathe another second without falling apart, he has always been the one to keep me going. He always has a smile and a kiss and a hug for me. He always tries so hard to cheer anyone up who is down. And he has forgiven me for countless times I treated him with less patience than I should have.
I am always amazed at how happy he is. If everyone could have his attitude, it would change everything about this life. So I just want him to know that I love him, he is one of my 3 best friends, I admire him, and I hope someday to be like him. Happy Birthday tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lily said...

So cute. Happy Birthday Mick!

Alex said...

How sweet! You are a very good mom.
Happy Birthday Mick!