Monday, August 31, 2009

Is it a monkey or is it a bishop?

I was looking at some pictures from last spring and found these from a short hike I went on in April. It was great. We went to Coyote Gulch. Jarod (My Brother) Hall, Matt (The Bishop) McGhie, and Tyler (The Perfectionist) Wangsgard all drove down to Escalante UT. There we met my dad and a few of his amigos who flew from Vernal.

We camped out near the 40 Mile Ridge and then hiked into Jacob Hamblin Arch and down the Gulch to Jug Handle Arch. It was a great trip.



Being the adventurous guys we are, Dad, Jarod and I decided we didn't need a tent that night. The wind blew a little and filled my head so full of sand I was digging it out of my teeth, ears, eyes, and nose the entire next day. I love the desert and have dreams of living in Kanab UT. Julie is really excited to move there too. She just says we have to wait until they have an Old Navy, Target, and running water.

Near Jug Handle Arch there was a wild screeching coming from something hanging in a tree out over the water. I was able to snap a picture before the noise maker escaped. Was it a monkey or was it a Bishop?

Definitely a bishop, anyone with a weaker connection to heaven couldn't pull off this Moses pose.

Tyler coming out of hibernation that morning was a sight to see.



Matt and Tyler enjoyed throwing rocks while the rest of us stayed out of the way. The other bystanders got much closer once I quit throwing rocks though. That is Lobo Arch in the background.


Coyote Gulch is a beautiful area. I will be going back again but it won't be for a while. It really isn't a short drive. I was gone from the house for about 33 hours. We spent about 15 of them driving. I am so thankful for the good friends I have and the healthy body I have to be able to go on adventures.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Tyler the perfectionist...HA, HA, HA!!!! Well, maybe there's a little truth to that :-) After all, he did marry me and I'm perfect in every way....now that deserves the HA, HA!!!!! Ummm, so Julie, when do we get to go on a girl's weekend getaway?