Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Party, Victoria!

Tori's real birthday is December 22. It is a really hard time to try to have a party. I am exhausted, it's overshadowed by Christmas coming, and the few times we've tried to have a party, snow storms have kept most of the family from coming. So this year, I decided to do it a little earlier. I must say that I liked that a lot better. I think she did too because it was way more focused on her than it has been other years.
I can't believe my baby girl is 5! It feels like she was just barely a baby. I feel like I missed her first year of life because I was suffering from post-partum depression so badly. I just stumbled through the motions and it will be something I feel sorrowful about the rest of my life. I wish I could have that time back so much, but I hope I have made up for it since then. I do love her so much. She is everything, EVERYTHING, I hoped a daughter would be. I enjoy getting to hang out with her everyday and I am in no hurry for her to go to school this year. She's my best girlfriend.
The party turned out awesome. All the neighbor girls that came were such nice, sweet, well-mannered ladies. I love that I live somewhere that my kids can have such good friends and influences for friends. I also love all their mothers for teaching them to be that way and for being dear friends. It makes me so hopeful for the next generation to see these sweet girls.
The party was a Tinkerbell theme. I thought it turned out pretty cute. Note the placecards that Tori asked me to make at the last minute. She's funny. I made them thinking that they were cute, but the girls weren't going to notice or care or sit where their names were. But those little princesses ate the placecards up and were so excited to sit in their own spot.

Thanks, Victoria, for coming to be part of our family. We love you so much!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like a fun party just from the pics! Love the fairy wings!

Robyn said...

You are so creative. Such a cute party. That cake looks YUMMY too!!