Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

I am mad at myself for not using my camera all Thanksgiving weekend, but at least I can steal pictures off my mother-in-law's blog. She is never without her camera, thank goodness.
We had two enjoyable Turkey dinners on Thanksgiving, one at Adam's grandma's, and one at my brother's. Regretably, I haven't got a single picture of this day. Also, regretably, I DO have a few extra pounds to show for it.
Then the next day, I went shopping with my mom (at a normal reasonable time) and had such a good time with her. Adam and the kids went to his parents house to "help" put up Christmas lights and I met up with them later. Did some MORE shopping with Bev and Jamie. But we were very thrifty and only bought 4 homemade caramels during the whole 2 hours we shopped.
Later that evening, we experienced some of Vernal's Christmas activities that were hosted around town. Everything was free and there was a lot to do. We watched the light parade, toured the Festival of the Trees, and let the kids do a few activities at a carnival-type function.
The next day we headed home early enough to put up our tree and decorations. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!





No comments: