Saturday, May 22, 2010

A fresh look

I have been working on redecorating our main living area downstairs. I wanted something bright and fun without spending a lot. I am so happy with how it all turned out. I sold my old couch set on ksl for the same price I paid for my brand new set. I also bought that gorgeous coffee table on ksl for only $90. I have the matching sofa table and have wanted it for a while, but it was almost $400 at RC Willey's. Score! I spray painted like a mad woman and re-used several of my decor items I had already. I spent a little extra on the darling throw pillows from Target and Voila! the room is almost done. I painted the accent wall already but now I need to work on painting the same color under our chair rail. Another project for another day. I can't stand not to finish a big project within a day or two because I can't stand to look at it and I know with a new baby it might take me a good many days to finish so I think I will wait a bit longer to tackle it.






I am currently in love with yellow. It makes me feel bright and happy to look at it.

So I have this little table sitting around and I think a coat of yellow paint might be in it's near future.....................

4 comments:

Alex said...

love it!

Jessica said...

So cute Julie!

The Foulgers said...

What a beautiful house. I LOVE the colors red and yellow, they make me smile!:)

Kira And James Morris said...

Want to come over and do my house? Ill pay you.(you could be a interior designer as a career) hahaha. I'm jealous. My house is def in much need of make over, i just don't have *that* kind of talent. I love the colors. You did a great job, and it looks awesome.