Sunday, December 28, 2008

Victoria's New Earrings

I have always wanted to get Tori earrings, but Adam was against it and since he lets me do pretty much whatever I want most of the time, I didn't fight him on it. A week before her 4th birthday, Tori started asking her dad if she could get her ears pierced. He said he guessed she could for her birthday the following week. I did not want her to go into this without knowing the whole process, so I explained it all to her, that holes would be put into her ear with a little gun and it hurts a little bit and we have to keep them clean and medicated and such. I thought it would change her mind, but she said she still wanted it done. On the day we celebrated her birthday, she and I headed for the mall to get it done.
This is Tori while we ate some lunch at the food court. She is way excited about her earrings she is going to get in a few minutes.This is Tori getting pretty nervous. I asked her a couple times at this point if she wanted to change her mind, but she was having none of that. This is the actual piercing, for the second time. Initially, two girls were going to do both ears at the same time, but one of the girl's fingers slipped and she did one earring before the other girl. Tori jumped off that chair and we had to do some negotiating to get her back up there for the other side. I was so proud of her. You can see the determination on her face in this picture that she was going to suck it up and finish the other side. She started smiling before we ever got her out of the booth. She was so excited. And here she is after it was over.









4 comments:

Angus Family said...

Super cute earrings!!! I hope you all had a great Christmas and Happy Birthday Tori. I can't believe that you are four!

Keri said...

Wow, she's brave. Sydney got earring from my sister for Christmas and she has no intentions right now of getting her ears pierced. I can't believe how good Tori di!

Alex said...

I can't believe she's so brave! It looks like she didn't even cry! Tell her she looks so pretty and a BIG Happy Birthday!

The Laws' said...

So cute!