Monday, March 23, 2009

Arches National Park

After the race and a good long shower, Adam was up for some hiking. We all went to see the famous Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. It was about a 3.5 mile moderate hike. I was impressed with my boys. Adam was a trooper because he had bad blisters and had just ran 13.1 miles. Mick was a trooper because at just 6 years old he walked the entire way. Tori walked most of the way, but she did get occassionally packed by me or her dad.

Adam, Tori, and Mick in front of the Delicate Arch. I had no idea how big the Arch was, or how crowded the trail would be to see it.

Mick and Tori looking through an arch at The Delicate Arch.


Jamie, Lilli, and Jarod on our way up. Lilli is 11 months old and she was such a good little hiker.

I am glad we got to see some of Arches and I hope we get to go back and do some more hikes someday. It's amazing what Mother Nature has done out there!! Oh, and Mick and Tori earned their Junior Ranger certificate and badges while were visiting the park. They have been so cute wearing the badges the last two days. They are pretty proud of themselves, but Mick wants to know why they won't let him work at the Visitor Center if he is a ranger now. ???




3 comments:

Lily said...

Julie you look so cute!

Alex said...

looks like fun! I can't believe at how active your family is!!

Freckles said...

Looks like you guys had fun. The arches look so cool, I wish we could've come to see them, but Nicole probably wouldn't have been a fun camper!! Good job on the marathon Adam.