Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So far today..........

I am having a way productive day. It's 9:30am and so far I have:

1. went to my first ever spinning class (more about that later) & walked 1.5 miles
2. trimmed my rose bushes back
3. vacuumed my car out
4. done a load of laundry and put it away
5. cleaned our master bathroom; shower, tub, toilet, floor and all
6. I am showered, dressed, and presentable (which rarely happens before 10:00am)

The last week has been so awesome. I struggle with staying not depressed and positive. Being happy and positive is just not something that has come easy to me for several years. All of a sudden last week, I just felt amazing. I have tons of energy, I am sleeping well, I am so happy I want to laugh all the time, I have had a few incidents happen to me this week that would normally put me into a nosedive but they have barely fazed me, I am no longer scared to drive on the interstate (I have a bad phobia of this for 4 years), I have oodles of patience with my kids, etc. etc. SO, I am wondering, what changed or what have I done differently? I need to know so I can keep this feeling cause it's amazing!!!
Now, about spinning class...............it was my first time to do it this morning. I knew it would be way hard and intense, but oh my heck!! I don't think I will be able to move tomorrow. At the end, I really didn't know whether I was going to cry or throw up. And I thought I was in pretty good shape, but since I always run I had neglected some muscles that spinning found for me. I weighed myself before class and then right after class and I lost 4 lbs. of sweat! I have stress fractures on my feet from running, and so I have to quit doing that for about 6-8 weeks (FOREVER). My doctor said swimming, the elliptical, and biking would be good alternatives so I thought I would give spinning a try. It was hard, but I really do enjoy being challenged so I will be doing that again.
But probably not tomorrow. haha.
Thanks (I think) Lily for encouraging me to go.
And now I am off to my first piano lesson. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Lily said...

Maybe you've felt happier because of the flax oil I added to you smoothie last week? :) I'm glad your feeling to good- me too!

Spin was fun today. Hope you can come again next week and I'll save you a bike again! :) I thought you did awesome.

Jared and Bethany said...

Hey Julie, It is so fun to see how your family is growing. I can't belive how big Mick and Tori are. It is amazing how time has flown by. I am so glad things are going so well for you guys! You will have to stop in a say "Hi" next time you come through Vegas.

Merri Hackett said...

I hope your stress fracture heals quickly! The new carpet looks great! And yes spin is hard but so worth it! :)