Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mick's 7th Birthday

I took Mick and Tori and a friend of their choice each to Jumping Jacks during the day. Later, that night, we had a family party for him at our house. It was a nice relaxing birthday. I enjoyed having a smaller get together rather than a lot of little kids over for a big party. I know we will be doing that again on another birthday, but for this year it was a nice change. Mick seemed to be really happy and that was the most important part after all.

Present opening time with the family:

making a wish:
Mick got lots of books as presents (thank you everyone, they were much appreciated by him and his mother.) He also got his first mp3 player from Grandma and he has enjoyed that on car rides quite a lot. From us he received a hermit crab. He named him Herman. He has been a pretty fun pet. Hopefully we can keep him alive. This picture is of Mick and I watching Herman.

Mick wanted a "bug party" and this was the cake he dreamed up. It was fun to make.
Anyway that was a recap of his birthday. I am glad I get to be his Mama.

No comments: