Saturday, May 23, 2009

From the mouths of my babes (sort of)

My Grandpa Hall ran a trucking company in Vernal UT in the oilfield. He worked on oilrigs as a young man also. As such, he ran into quite a few Texans. In his mind, the only people goofier than Texans are O-kees. I grew up hearing lots of less than nice things about Texans and kind of picked up a little of this thought train. I may have mentioned it to Mick once or twice but can't be sure. One of my Grandpa's favorite stories was when my Uncle Ken Barker chased a room full of Texans and O-kees out of their office building after they cheated their drivers out of their overtime.

Today Julie took Mick to DI to buy some books. As they were walking through the store Mick asked her "Why do people donate things as precious and wonderful as books to DI?" She said "I don't know. I guess they just don't know how great books are." Mick responded "Good thing we have Texans to donate books."

This afternoon we were at Macey's grocery store and they were having a party in the parking lot. They had a blow up dragon there. They were selling hotdogs from a small trailor in the parking lot. Tori wanted to get a hotdog, she has some of her own money, she stepped up and asked for a dog then handed over her quarter. She grabbed her dog in one hand, took a bite, stuck her other hand as high in the air as she could and yelled "I LOVE AMERICA!!"

No comments: