Monday, May 18, 2009

The Gardening Bug





So here are some pictures of our first garden ever!! I figured we ought to get some pictures of it while it still looks good before we kill it. I don't know why Adam and I think we can grow vegetables when we can't even keep our grass alive, but we are going to give it a shot. We are trying to grow corn, tomatos, cucumbers, watermelon, radishes, carrots, zucchini, crookneck squash, pumpkins and beets, lots of beets. I can't wait to make bottled pickled beets later this summer. Yum!!
Adam and I are definately feeling old these days. I never thought I would see the day when we were so excited to grow a garden. And earlier this month we were given a deep freezer and we were ecstatic about it too. We kept going out to the garage all day just to look in it!! We are such dorks, but at least we are easily entertained.




4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ha, ha!!! We get excited about gardening too!!! We got our deep freezer last year and was way excited...I guess I'm old too....

Jessica said...

Your garden looks awesome!

Tammy said...

your garden boxes are awesome! the dirt is so dark and everything looks great! Nice job.

Robyn said...

Garden looks great. I am so proud of you. Now you will be able to harvest and can your own food this year!! You are so COOL :)