Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's a boy!!!

I have been meaning to post that we found out we are expecting a baby boy, but I was waiting to scan in some ultrasound pictures. I might never get around to that so maybe you will get to see them and maybe not. He appears very healthy and likes to suck his thumb. So cute. We are very excited to meet him.
In other news, Adam started a new part of his business a month ago and we have hardly seen him since. He is working so hard, but we are so thankful for the blessing of work in this horrible economic time. I know our Heavenly Father heard our prayers and is blessing us with this opportunity and I also know that he has blessed Adam physically or there is no way Adam could have kept up the crazy schedule he has been doing without getting sent to his sick bed.
Mick is doing so much better these days. His attitude about school has really gotten better and he is acing all his tests at school now. He seems so much happier. Thanks to all who prayed for him and thought of him and was so nice to us.
Victoria cried for a half hour (I mean sobbed hard) that the baby was a boy and not a sister, but now she is very happy and in her prayer one night she said, "Thank you that I get a baby brother to kiss and hug." I am glad I will have her to help me when he gets here.
I am plugging along, a little busier than usual since Adam is not here to help me with things. It sure made me realize how much he did for me and I appreciate him more now. I remember napping a lot with my other pregnancies and taking it easier than normal. NOT with this one. I am up usually by 4:30am so I can hit the gym and be back before Adam leaves at 6:00 or 6:30 and I go all day without naps. I do get pretty tired by night, but I am thankful that I have been able to do it so far.
But....some kind of flu has made it's ugly way to our house. Tori and I are both fevered with the chills and coughs and body aches. I can't wait for this to pass and I am glad tomorrow is Sunday so Adam will be home to help out.
Well, that is all for now and I am headed for the space heater and some blankets!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Julie, I am sorry that you are feeling so sick! Congratulations on the baby boy! That is way exciting!

Lily said...

We both know that your lil baby boy is going to be the cutest kiddo on the block. We need to throw a baby shower party soon to get you stocked up :)

Feel better soon. Let me know if you want a smoothie tomorrow. Text me and I'm there.