Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Parent/Teacher Conferences

Last week was Parent/Teacher conferences. Maybe I am a dork, but I love to go to these even if it might be bad news. I love to hear about how they are doing and what they are doing and get more of a feel of what their day is like without me there.
Tori is in Mrs. Barnett's kindergarten class this year. Mrs. Barnett said word for word this, "Tori is great. She is THE top reader in class. I am trying to think of something she can work on doing better, but I can't think of anything. She is also so nice and kind to the other kids." I felt so proud that I teared up. The best part of that was hearing she is nice to others. I stress that a lot to them at home so I am glad she listens. She told me the other day that there was a boy in her class that was crying at recess because he didn't have any friends so she went and asked him if he wanted to slide down on her coat on the slides with her. Well, I wasn't thrilled that she is using her brand new coat that way, but oh how my heart swelled with pride at that moment.
Mick's report card sported all 97%-100% in his varying subjects. He even got all Hs for Honor in his behavior part. He has had a great year in 3rd grade with lots of friends and good grades and Mrs. Lacrua has worked magic on him as far as getting him to pay attention. I will always love her a little for this. She also said Mick was far superior in his reading and comprehension of what he reads than most of the other students in his class. Is that any wonder? I mean he reads an hour a day at least at home on subjects varying from dolphins to Ancient Pyramids to Junie B. Jones. Lately, he has been reading mondo huge books about WWII. He is a walking encyclopedia.
I know this post sounds braggy and I am glad. I am proud of my kids. By golly, it's a lot of hard work to get them to this point and I will brag all I can. Love you Mick and Victoria, thanks for being mine!

5 comments:

Keri said...

That's wonderful to hear for both of them. Brag away, too...they deserve the praise & so do you & Adam!

Kira And James Morris said...

Well...What can I say?!.. I am so proud of them, but Im not totally surprised! I have known from day 1 that those special kids were far above Average. I know there mom is for sure! and dont you worry.. Kade will only succeed in everything he does as well! One lucky mom you are! Brag it up! I would be.

Cheryl said...

It's hard not to be prideful after good report cards. Congratulations!! Did you hear that Annie and Mick are sitting by each other right now. Hopefully their good behavior will continue ;-)

Alex said...

you are such a good mom!
-kristie

The Foulgers said...

I'm finally getting around to checking out everyone's blogs. It looks like your Christmas was jam packed with people, but I'm sure it was really fun to have eveyone together.
I LOVE how the lanterns in your hall turned out. You had mentioned doing that and it looks fabulous.
What a fun night out for Adam and Mick. I think I need to send my boys off to a Jazz game, then I could have the whole house to myself!:)
Your kids are amazing and I'm happy they are doing so well in school. You are such a cute mommy!