Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Running

This is Adam.

I got a crazy hair at the first of February and decided I would run in a 50 mile race at the end of March. It is out on Antelope Island on trails.

I have been trying to find trails to run on around our area and have found lots of feilds and backyards I can cut through and fences to jump.

Today, I was trying to get down a hill into a vacant lot between two houses. One of the next door houses had a dog that was not terribly happy to see someone moving through the trees next to his yard. I slipped when he started barking and slid most the way down the hill. When I finally got up I had dark brown mud from my waist to my knees. I was still along way from home and only had one way to get back. I took off down the sidewalk and passed a dad and small boy walking by each other. The kid was about 5. After I passed them the boy said "Dad, is that mud?" The dad pretended to ignore him and so he said it even louder "Dad, is that mud?" Dad then said "I sure hope so"