Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tons of Good Luck

We had the potential for some serious injuries or monetary damages or both last night and escaped with only a few minor scratches. It was quite the exciting night. We had gone for a drive earlier in the evening and came home. Mick and Adam was headed out to Mick's fishing group class in the truck an hour later. I was in the office and heard this huge BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. It took only a moment to realize it was the garage door hitting my car in the garage. It had come down and hit the rear and tried to go back up but couldn't because the cord got hooked on my glass door handle so it kept pulling it back down and hitting it again. Evidently Adam hadn't pulled the car in far enough earlier. Adam saw and heard this as he was backing the truck out of the drive-way, jumped out of the truck, ran over to try to unhook the cord. Meanwhile, I was running through the house to the garage to try to stop it too. As I got out the door, Adam and I both hear Mick yelling, "DAD, DAD!" Adam had not put the truck in park when he jumped out and it was backing driverless across the road, up over the curb and was going through our neighbor's yard headed toward their house. Thankfully, Adam has been running a lot lately, cause he sprinted across the road, got the truck door open and slammed on the brake a few feet before it hit the neighbor's property. PHEW! After all this the only damage was a small scratch on my Escalade, a slightly bent garage door, and a small piece of damaged sod in the neighbor's lawn. We told them why they had tracks in their grass and they were very nice about it and everything is good. It was the first warm day in weeks and tons of kids had been playing outside all afternoon. I am so thankful none happened to be around at that minute. I am glad we didn't have to turn any damages into our insurance agent. That would have been fun to explain how our car, our truck, our house and our neighbor's house all got damaged in one accident. Especially since our insurance agent happens to be our dad ;)

5 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Wow, you had quite a night! I'm glad it ended up being so minimal!

Grandma Bebbs said...

Wow! Blessings showered upon you today. I hope your hearts are all beating normally today.

Kira And James Morris said...

Holy Wow! That is so scary! I am so thankful nothing too serious happened, as I am sure you are! Thank you for sharing. You have been blessed.

Keri said...

That's crazy! I'm so glad everyone and everything was safe!

Stacey said...

Crazy! Hey at least now it can be a funny memory and not a tragedy memory :) Glad everyone is ok