Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Too Beautiful To Eat

Thanks to Keri for getting me inspired, Maryanne for lending me equipment, and my dear mom for teaching me, I have started canning this year. It's something I never thought I would enjoy this much. I did tomatos with my mom this weekend, and then Adam and I were brave and tried peaches on our own last night. They all sealed and we opened some this morning to try and they are yummy!!! But, they are so beautiful and I am so proud of them, that I hate to eat them!!

3 comments:

The Laws' said...

You are so brave! I have tried home canning a bit, but I still have a lot to learn! (Remind me to tell you about my grape "syrup" that I made once...)

Freckles said...

Good job! Those do look yummy! One of these days I need to learn how to can things, but not this year! haha

Tammy said...

that's exactly how I feel about my peaches because they were so much work to get into the cans!! I am just glad they all sealed. Congrats on a great first time! Here's to more canning next year.