Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What's been on my mind lately

Mick has been having the hardest time with the switch from Kindergarten to 1st grade. Is this normal? What can I do to help him? Why does he have insomnia? Is it related to his anxiety about school? Will a little more time be all he needs? This is the first real problem that he has had in his usually happy life. I cannot just kiss him and put a band-aid on it and make it go away. So if anyone out there has a suggestion that might help us, by all means, let me hear it.

1 comment:

The Laws' said...

oh, Julie! I am so sorry that Mick is having a hard time adjusting! If this is any consolation, when I worked at Red Mountain Elementary School, one of my favorite first grade teachers told me that First graders have a hard time getting used to the longer schedule and the extra work that is being required. She said that they took about 8 to 12 weeks to get used to it, and then they were fine. I don't know if this helps you feel any better, but hopefully he'll get back to being his super cute self again! (I love that kid!)