Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We Are The Champions

We spent last weekend in Logan, Utah to run in the Top Of Utah Marathon. It was a painful, long, tiring, but so awesome, 26.2 miles! Adam, Adam's brother, Jarod, and I ran it in 4 hours 45 minutes.
Adam has run 3 marathons now, and Jarod, 2, but it was my first and it was so not what I expected. It wasn't bad at all until mile 18, where I ran out of steam and got nauseaous. Those last 8 miles was horrendous, but it feels so good to say I powered through it and finished. I also didn't expect to have such sore muscles for the next 3 days, either. I am really wishing we didn't have stairs in our house right now. haha!
Despite all that, I can't wait to try that again!!Here are the three runners before the marathon at 4:30 that morning.

It was so much fun to get to run with Adam. He is awesome. Thanks for going slow with me, Sweetie.

Here we are closing in on the finish line. Oh Happy Moment!!

4 comments:

Paige said...

You guys are awesome! I've said running a marathon is a goal of mine, but I'll probably never do it because I'm a wimp. Maybe I'll be inspired because of you. Then again, I already knew you guys were way cooler than me so maybe not...Good Job!

The Laws' said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! That is so cool! Good job, guys!

Lily said...

Yeah! I love the pics and great job for both of you!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!!! such an awesome accomplishment! It is so cool you got to do this especially cool you got to do it with your hubby. You guys rock!