Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Impromptu Party

Mick asked me late in the day on Monday if he could have a party on Tuesday night. I totally didn't act like myself and said that was fine. We hurried and made up little invitations and delivered them to kids around our neighborhood. Mick planned the party mostly by himself. He wanted to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, play basketball, and play spin the bottle (not the kissing kind.) I was afraid that on such short notice, not many kids would be able to come, but it turned out that only one friend was unable to attend and we had a nice sized group of excited kids at our house.




It turned out to be a super fun time. It was simple and easy and not stressful. Mick taught me that simple is good and any time is a good time to hang out with friends!!!






3 comments:

Grandma Bebbs said...

I know that was out of your comfort zone. Yeah for you!!! and yeah for Mick for thinking of others.

Lily said...

Great reminder!

Cheryl said...

So, so, sad :( No, it looks like it was a lot of fun. I need to be more spontaneous myself.