Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Happenings

Starting last year, we started a tradition to go to Provo City Cemetery's Memorial Day Presentation. They have music, speeches, the 21 gun salute, and of course the Pledge of Alliegance. It gives us an hour out of our day to really remember all our blessings of living in this country and to honor our soldiers. I can't get through it with dry eyes. This year they gave each family a blue balloon and had us release them at the end. I know it seems long to our kids, but I hope they are getting something out of it and learning to appreciate what we have here.





Afterwards, we went to a park nearby and had a picnic and did some badly needed relaxing. It was a wonderful holiday!




5 comments:

Lily said...

Those are great pictures and I just want to eat Kade up.

Jessica said...

That is really neat. I wonder if my kids will ever be able to sit nicely that long...

Robyn said...

I love the way you took these pictures. It makes me feel like I am there having a picnic with you. You have the cutest family. Love you!

Kira And James Morris said...

I love your shades...Thats what you are .. one hot mama! haha... Really though...Your a great mom and what a good memory for you and your family.

Stacey said...

Looks like a lot of fun....Was that bagpipe band from payson? My cousin and his wife play for them... That is cool that you guys did that!