Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Best Accomplishments





Yesterday was such a crazy day. I was in and out and taking kids to their activities from 9:00am to 5:00pm all day. I dragged the poor baby all over and he was fussy and hot and throwing up. I wasn't home enough to get any of the hours of bookkeeping for Adam's business done, the 4 loads of laundry that was piled up, the beds made, or do my hair decent. I had anxiety all day worrying about when I would get to those things. The last few weeks I have felt a little depression knocking on my door trying to ease back into my life and it is a constant battle to keep it from happening. I know that most stay at home moms feel these exact same things. It is hard to serve your kids 24/7 without much thanks or free time. I really felt run down and exhausted by it all yesterday.
NOW, I don't feel this way all the time and I wouldn't trade being a SAHM for any other job, but I do feel so underappreciated somedays.
BUT, I watch Victoria do her gymnastics so well, and then Mick will explain some cool science to me, and then Baby Kade will immediately quit fussing when I pick him up and sing to him and it all makes sense again.
It does not matter what else I do in my life, I have already done something extraordinary. I helped create these wonderful individuals and the world is a much better place because of it.
Knowing this gives me the strength to get through the hard days and remember to keep smiling.

4 comments:

Grandma Bebbs said...

You are absolutely right. You have done something very extraordinary. We love you for that and for so many other things too. I don't say it to you often enough. I appreciate you and love you.

Alex said...

you are such a good mom.

Kira And James Morris said...

I love that picture of MICK!!!!!! oh my goodness!!!!

Stacey said...

AMEN!!! I hear you :)